This website is home to an inquiry into sustainability, big sustainability, for want of a better term. It is primarily concerned with photography and the Anthropocene and seeks to better understand the role of photography at this time.
Kristin has a BSc in Chemistry, an MMS in Environment & Management, and an MSc (Distinction) in Sustainability.
- An ecological photography would make clearer ‘errors in thinking’ which have caused the Anthropocene?
- Ecological photography is ecologically literate.
- What is the effect of environmental photography on worldviews? nature-culture?
- Environmental photography has not made significant progress on environmental issues.
- How does context affect seeing?
- Current art practice is a barrier to seeing.
Ways of Looking at Non-human Nature
- Beauty, awe, wonder, love.
- Pollution, mess, harm.
- Order, domination, mastery, technology will fix it, inert.
- Anthropomorphism, connection, empathy, assimilation, stewardship.
- Non-anthropocentric, position from nowhere.
- Close examinations, empiricism, respect, partnership.
- Imagined/speculative examinations.